Biological Fungicides in IPM Strategies and Pesticide Safety Techniques
When people hear the words, fungus or fungi, they tend to think mushrooms or, perhaps, molds, or yeast. While mushrooms, molds, and yeast do fall in the fungi family, the term actually refers to a much broader spectrum of organisms.
A fungus is a member of the Fungi Kingdom, a group of eukaryotic organisms (organisms whose cell nucleus is enclosed within membranes). Biologists have identified more than 100,000 different species of fungi. More than 1.5 million species are estimated to now exist on planet Earth.
Fungi are the number one cause of crop loss worldwide. Management and control of fungi is vital to the agriculture industry as well as to the grower’s harvest yield and marketability of the crop.
This course discusses types of fungi and appropriate biological controls.
- Lectures 10
- Questions 40
- Duration 1 h (approx)
This course is accredited by:
- Arizona Department of Agriculture (1 hour)
- Certified Crop Adviser (CCA) Accredited in U.S. and Canada (0.5 IPM, 0.5 CM))
- California Department of Pesticide Regulation (1 hour Other)
- Delaware Department of Agriculture (1 credit PA or 1 credit 1A)
- Florida Department of Agriculture (1 CEU, Category 482 General/Core)
- Hawaii Department of Agriculture (1 CEU, Private 1, Commercial 1a, 10)
- Idaho Department of Agriculture (1 credit)
- Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (1 credit in categories 1A,1B, 1C, Comm CORE, Priv CORE)
- Nevada Department of Agriculture (1 CEU, General)
- Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food, and Forestry (1 CEU, Categories 1A and 10)
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture (2 Credits in each: PC, 01, 02, 03, 18)
- South Carolina Department of Pesticide Regulation (1 Credit, Category 3)
- Tennessee Department of Agriculture (1 Point, Categories 01, 04, 10, 12)
- Texas Department of Agriculture (1 CEU, IPM)
- Utah Department of Food and Agriculture (1 CEU in Use)
- Virginia Department of Agriculture (1 Credit, Categories 90 AND 91)
- West Virginia Department of Agriculture (2 Credits, Categories 1, 11, 12, and PA)
- Wyoming Department of Agriculture (1 CEU)
- Other states pending accreditation.
It is accredited for licensing categories: PCAs, Qualified Applicators, Private Applicators, Aerial Applicators, and County Permit Holders.
Ag CEU Online offers its sincere appreciation to Mark Bolda, Santa Cruz County Director and Farm Advisor, and resources from University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources for contributions to the course materials.
Founded in 1994, STK is a bio-ag technology company, committed to food protection from field to fork. Our breakthrough, botanical-based solutions (BBS) – a synergy of cutting-edge scientific research and technology – enhance the safety, yield and quality of multiple crops.
STK helps growers, food companies and supermarket chains to deliver cleaner and healthier food products to market. Our botanical-based and hybrid solutions are easily integrated into conventional spraying programs, helping to advance the IPM (Integrated Pest Management) approach to growing food. They enable everyone in the food production ecosystem to adhere to regulatory standards and support the transition to sustainable agriculture.