Pesticide Essentials for Advisers and Applicators
This course will provide an overview of several areas that are key to pesticide safety and application. We will cover subjects such as types of licenses, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), labeling and label interpretations, application equipment and techniques, first aid and decontamination procedures, and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and techniques. It is critical that the fundamentals are taught and reviewed regularly by all applicators and advisers.
- Lectures 5
- Questions 40
- Duration 1.5 h (approx)
This course is accredited for CE units/hours by:
- California Department of Pesticide Regulation (1 hour Laws and Regs, 0.5 Other)
- Arizona Department of Agriculture (1.5 hours)
- Certified Crop Adviser (1 CEU Professional Development, 0.5 CEU Integrated Pest Management)
- Florida Department of Agriculture (1.5 CEUs, General Standards/Core Sec. 482 & 487)
- Utah Department of Agriculture (1 CEU Law & Safety)
This course is accredited for the following licensing categories: PCAs, Qualified Applicators, Private Applicators, Aerial Applicators, and County Permit Holders.
Farm Progress acknowledges and thanks the following for their contribution to this course:
Pesticide Applicators Professional Association (PAPA)
Greg Montez, Technical Manager, Suterra USA
Cheryl Reynolds, UC IPM, photos